Ashland seeks to be strategic with our various ministry teams that are designed to come alongside men and women at various stages of life. Our overall goal in having ministry for adults is to provide them with effective accountability and resources necessary for living out the gospel in the culture.
We exist to connect college-aged adults to Christ’s kingdom and church by proclaiming the gospel and applying all of its implications to life.
- To promote a radical commitment to Christ and the gospel
- To endorse a bold obligation to evangelism and missions
- To produce responsible servants of the church
- To capitalize on the unique gifts of college-aged adults for the glory of Christ
- Bible Fellowship Group
Meet on Sunday evenings at homes in the community for challenging Bible studies and training for ministry.
- Access Lunch
Join us for a free lunch every Sunday immediately after service. This lunch is hosted by various Bible Fellowship Groups.
During Christmas Break, we will be going to Louisville, KY to the Cross Conference. For more information, visit their website.
- Peru Spring Break Mission Trip
We challenge our college-aged adults to commit to use this unique time in life in sacrificial service of God’s kingdom and church. Each spring break, we take a group of students to a mountainous region in Peru called Cordova, to continue our church’s ongoing efforts of reaching the Quechua people who previously had no access to the gospel.
- Fall Leadership Retreat
Each fall semester we take a group of leaders away for a quiet weekend of planning and reflection.
The Men’s Ministry of Ashland exists to equip and encourage men to follow God through Christ in reverent, humble submission, and lead others with loving, bold aggression.
Men’s Ministry Activities
At Ashland we are calling our men to flesh out such a vision for manhood. We do this through informal accountability relationships, as well as, formal ministry opportunities and events. These are a few of our ministry opportunities.
- Thursday Morning Prayer. Beginning at 6:30 and ending promptly at 7:30 the men of Ashland gather at the church to seek the Lord in prayer.
- Marriage Conference. Every year the Men’s Ministry sponsors a church-wide conference for married couples. As men, we understand the God-ordained role of leadership we have in the home (Eph. 5:21-33) and endeavor to protect and cultivate that relationship for the glory of God in the church. The marriage conference offers couples an opportunity to grow in their biblical understanding of marriage and also provides an occasion to grow in their relationship with each other.
- The True Grit Shootout. This event weaves fellowship with competitive skeet shooting. This is a wonderful event for all ages, and is a favorite for fathers and sons. It also provides an excellent opportunity to invite friends and family who need to hear the gospel. The TGS includes a meal and a challenge from God’s Word and is always a great time of fellowship.
The Women’s Ministry of Ashland exists to spread a passion for the supremacy of Christ among women by calling women to delight in God’s design for their lives as revealed in the Scriptures. This mission is accomplished through: Bible Studies, Retreats and Conferences, Ministry Opportunities, Special Events, and Relationships.
Women’s Minsitry Activities
- Precept Bible Study. For women desiring to dive deeply into God’s Word and gain foundational Bible study skills this class should be a priority. The class meets on Monday nights @ 7:00 PM. The study uses the Kay Arthur materials and thrives on group discussion.
- Transformation Studies (Friday Morning and Wednesday Evening). This class provides diverse, biblically faithful opportunities for spiritual growth. The study sessions vary from 8-12 weeks and nourish women in Biblical truth and vital relationships with other women. The Wednesday evening group meets from 6:30-7:30 PM and the Friday Morning group meets from 9:30-11:30 AM. There are studies offered each fall and spring.
Retreats & Conferences
Our Women’s Ministry offers retreats and/or conferences for relationship building, focused learning, and spiritual renewal. We desire to minister to the women of Ashland with these opportunities but also to reach out to other women who long for spiritual growth and those who do not know Christ. Be listening for information regarding our next retreat/conference.